What is Beartooth?
Beartooth is a handheld device that works with your smartphone to keep you connected when there is no cell service.
Download app and pair your Beartooth to your iPhone or Android device. Once connected you can reach other Beartooth users within 10 miles.
How does Beartooth work?
Beartooth works as a long range link between you and other Beartooth users. Your phone connects to your Beartooth using Bluetooth, and your Beartooth connects to other Beartooth devices up to 10 miles away over the 900 MHz ISM band.
Speak to one person or broadcast to the whole group, instantly. Push-to-talk voice means quick communication with no waiting for calls to be picked up.
One-on-one texting or set up a group chat. You can even send emojis!
Maps and Location
High-res offline topographic maps means you can leave your breadcrumbs at home. Pinpoint the exact location of everyone in your group. Locations refresh automatically with each message sent.
Multiple hops extend your range as you create an advanced on-the-go network to stay in touch with all members of your group.
256-bit AES symmetric key encryption keeps your messages just between you and your friends.
Recharge your phone on the go. The 3000mAh lithium ion battery has enough energy to fully charge your iPhone 7 1.5 times. That’s a lot of juice.
- iOS and Android Compatible
- LOS Range: 5 Miles for Voice, 10 Miles for Text
- NLOS Range: 2 Miles for Voice, 4 Miles for Text
- 900 MHz Digital Transceiver (US Spec: 902MHz – 928MHz)
- 1W Transmit Power (30dBm)
- Up to -148dBm Receiver Sensitivity, 178dB Link Budget
- Mesh Networking for Extended Range
- FSK and LoRa Modulation with Frequency Hopping
- AES 256-Bit Encryption
- Bluetooth 2.0 Connection to Smartphone
- 4 Day Battery Life (5/5/90 Duty Cycle)
- 3000mAh Battery (1.5x iPhone 7 Battery Capacity)
- USB Micro Port With Fast Bi-Directional Charging (2.1A)
- 2.44″ x 4.0″ x 0.49″ and 4.5oz